Private Client Solicitor
Full time/Part time permanent role
We are looking for a Private Client solicitor with at least 4 years PQE to join our Leicester Wills, Trusts and Probate Team.
You will work as part of a team dealing with all aspects of wills, trusts and probate work.
Your key duties will be:
- Drafting and advising on Wills, both basic and those more complex involving trusts
- Drafting and advising on both basic and more complex Trusts, including those made by lifetime gifts
- Administering estates and trusts, including drafting trustees minutes and executors meeting minutes
- Preparing Inheritance Tax forms competently and confidently, including IHT205, 100 and 400 forms
- Producing accounts for estates and trusts
- Drafting and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Advising in relation to care home fee planning
- Running files involving the management of financial files where a partner or other fee earner is appointed as Attorney or Deputy
- Completing applications to the Court of Protection
- Supervision of junior members of the team where necessary
- Promoting the private client practice and firm with clients and contacts.
Skills and experience you will have:
- A minimum of 4 years PQE experience in wills, trusts and probate
- Full STEP qualification or working towards
- Good team working and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to develop and expand knowledge
- Willingness to be actively involved in business development of the firm and the Wills, Trusts and Probate Team.
Key competences you will need:
- to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with clients
- the ability to build an external network beyond your clients and seek to be involved in marketing activities
- to demonstrate good technical knowledge of your area and the ability to keep up to date with developments and industry issues, and sharing this with those around you
- to communicate clearly and openly with colleagues and clients
If you are interested in joining the firm, we are always keen to receive speculative applications and CVs directly from applicants. Please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of speculative applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of submitting your CV please assume that we currently don’t have any suitable vacancies. We will however keep your CV on file and will contact you should a role become available.
Please see our main Careers page for details of our preferred suppliers list and non-acceptance of speculative CVs.