Experience and expertise to guide you through complex commercial property transactions as swiftly and smoothly as possible
BUYING & SELLING COMMERCIAL PROPERTY
Buying and selling commercial property is a complex process but our specialist commercial property solicitors have many years of experience and can support you through it. We will give you a realistic cost estimate at the beginning of your transaction and this will not change unless there is a major change in circumstances.
Transactions will usually be completed within six to eight weeks, but vary in length depending on their complexity. We will always try to work to your timescale wherever possible.
Our approach to buying and selling commercial property
We aim to make the process of buying and selling commercial property run as smoothly as possible. One of our specialist solicitors will speak to you in person or over the telephone to discuss your sale or purchase and any specific requirements. We will speak honestly and straightforwardly, without legal jargon. Once we have understood your aims, we will give you an indication of the timeframes and likely expense involved.
To ensure a smooth transaction in property sales, we will, amongst other things:
- Prepare the commercial property sale agreement and compile the necessary documentation for the buyer’s solicitor
- Prepare, with your assistance, replies to standard and specific enquiries
- Liaise with your lender, if applicable, in relation to repaying any mortgage
- Arrange completion and transfer funds to you
For commercial property purchases, we will:
- Liaise with all the relevant parties e.g. lenders, solicitors and agents
- Review the commercial property sale agreement and explain the terms to you
- Carry out any relevant property searches, including local, environmental, water and drainage searches
- Review the land registry title and identify any defects or areas of concern
- Report to your lender if applicable
- Prepare and submit the stamp duty land tax return at HMRC
- Register the property in your name at the land registry
To speak with one of our specialist corporate and commercial solicitors, please call 0116 254 8871 or alternatively you can click the contact us button and email your enquiry using the contact form.
Bray & Bray secures deal for Heavenly Desserts Peterborough
Commercial property team brokers deal for AC Valve Alliance
Tenancy Fraud Problems for Landlords
Landlords: What You Need to Know About the Right to Rent Scheme – Midlands Region
Building and Development: What is Specific Performance?
How do Break Clauses in Leases Work?
What to Budget for When Leasing a Commercial Property
What to Consider When Renting Commercial Property in Leicester
Questions to Ask a Tenant When Leasing Your Commercial Property