Whether you are a landlord or tenant, our commercial property experts will ensure your interests are well protected by your lease
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY LEASES
Our dedicated team of commercial property experts are specialists in dealing with commercial property leases for both landlords and tenants.
Our approach to commercial property leases
We will arrange an initial in-person or telephone conversation with landlords or tenants to discuss the key points and agreed terms of the lease, which will normally have been dealt with by an agent. If you are a prospective tenant, we will give you the opportunity to ask any questions or identify any concerns you have. We will also consider whether you intend to carry out any works at the property, which may require the landlord’s consent. This would usually be dealt with by way of a licence.
Once we have understood your aims, we will give you an indication of the likely timeframes and expense involved. We would normally expect commercial property leases to take between four and six weeks from the date the draft lease is prepared. We will always try to work to your timescales if possible.
Our services for landlords
After our initial consultation, we will draft the commercial property lease and send this to the tenant’s solicitor, together with any supporting documents. We will also:
- Prepare, with your assistance, replies to standard enquiries
- Deal with the requirements of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 as applicable
- Complete the lease and collect the necessary funds e.g. rent and service charge
- Deal with any licences for alterations requested by the tenant
Our services for tenants
- Review the lease prepared by the landlord’s solicitor
- Make any amendments to the lease which are necessary to protect your interest
- Check the title to the property and raise any necessary enquiries
- Request property searches and review the results
- Report to you in relation to the content and impact of the lease
- Prepare the necessary stamp duty land tax return and submit it to HMRC (if applicable)
- Register the lease at the land registry (if applicable)
- Agree the form of licence for alterations to ensure the work you need to carry out is approved by the landlord, where required by the lease
To speak with one of our specialist corporate and commercial solicitors, please call 0116 254 8871 or alternatively you can click the contact us button and email your enquiry using the contact form.
Bray & Bray secures deal for Heavenly Desserts Peterborough
Commercial property team brokers deal for AC Valve Alliance
Tenancy Fraud Problems for Landlords
Landlords: What You Need to Know About the Right to Rent Scheme – Midlands Region
Building and Development: What is Specific Performance?
How do Break Clauses in Leases Work?
What to Budget for When Leasing a Commercial Property
What to Consider When Renting Commercial Property in Leicester
Questions to Ask a Tenant When Leasing Your Commercial Property