Our personal injury lawyers, based at our head office in Leicester City Centre have a great deal of experience and are specialists in dealing with claims arising out of accidents at work.
Are you entitled to compensation for an accident at work?
All employers have a responsibility to protect their employees from accidents at work. This includes:
- Provide the appropriate machinery and tools to safely complete a job
- Make sure that the machinery and tools are properly maintained and safe to use
- Make sure the workplace is kept in a safe and tidy condition
- Provide a safe working area that is clean and free from hazards
- Provide the appropriate safety wear (e.g. goggles, ear defenders, dust masks, safety gloves)
- Provide proper training on how to lift heavy objects
You are also entitled to make a compensation claim if your accident at work was caused by the negligence or carelessness of one of your co-employees.
It is a legal requirement for employers to have insurance cover in place to protect employees involved in accidents at work.
What to do if you are involved in an accident at work?
- Report the accident to your supervisor immediately
- Make sure the details of your accident and any witnesses to it are recorded in the workplace Accident Book
- Seek medical attention from the hospital or your GP – it is important you have a full record of your injuries in your medical records
- Keep a diary of all of the symptoms of your injuries
- Keep a record (as well as any receipts) of any expenses you incur as a result of the accident – loss of earnings, medical expenses, travel expense all form part of your accident at work compensation
What is the role of a personal injury solicitor in an accident at work claim?
- Discuss your accident at work with you and advise whether you have a claim
- Advise you on the most beneficial funding arrangement for your claim
- Notify your employer of the grounds for your personal injury claim
- Request interim payments to help you financially until the claim is finished
- Obtain medical evidence (and appropriate rehabilitation and treatment, if you need it) detailing the injuries you sustained in the accident
- Collate details and evidence of any financial losses you have suffered as a result of the accident
- Negotiate the best settlement possible to compensate you for the personal injury you suffered
One of our specialist lawyers will be on hand to deal with your claim from start to finish and to advise you at each and every stage of the process.
‘No-Win No-Fee’ accident at work claims
A large number of our accident at work claims are funded through a Conditional Fee Agreement, which is more commonly known as a ‘No-Win No-Fee’ . This means there is no financial risk to you.
Contact our specialist personal injury team
Have you been injured in an accident at work? We represent people working in all sectors who have suffered an injury, and we have secured compensation payouts which ensure injured parties can pay for vital medical care and to cover lost wages, amongst other things.
If you have been injured in an accident at work, please call us today on 0116 2548871. We’ll be able to best answer any initial questions over the phone and arrange for a meeting at your earliest convenience. If you are unable to get to our Leicester office, we are happy to arrange to visit you at home or in hospital.
Bray and Bray has three main offices in Leicestershire, contact us to discuss an enquiry or a case you have or feel free to pop in and see us at your local office by clicking on the links below:
Leicester call us on 0116 254 8871.
Hinckley call us on 01455 639 900.
Market Harborough call us on 01858 467 181.