Partner and Head of Department - Personal Injury
Joined Bray & Bray: 1997
Tel: 0116 2045366
Email Ian Johnson
Ian has acted for the victims of accidents in thousands of claims since he joined Bray & Bray.
Ian’s practice covers a wide range of injuries but his particular specialist areas are high value catastrophic injury claims arising from brain and/or spinal injuries, amputation cases and multiple injury claims suffered by both adults and children. Where accidents result in death Ian deals with the inquest and claims on behalf of the family and dependants.
He has been involved in a number of high profile cases including acting for a victim suffering serious injury in the M1 accident in 2003 involving Army vehicles returning from Iraq which fell from their transporter causing multiple accidents and many fatalities.
- Former Trustee of Headway Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland branch, a charity for adults who have suffered traumatic or acquired brain injury
- Member of the Limbless Association, a charity for those who have suffered limb amputation
- Recovered over £400,000 for a victim of an accident at work resulting in a below knee amputation who with private prosthetics and excellent rehabilitation secured in the claim was able to return to full time manual work
- Recovered over £2.6 million for a severely brain injured child involved in a car accident
- Secured a negotiated settlement of over £1.4 million for a young man who suffered spinal and other serious injuries when run over by a car leaving him with permanent chronic pain, restricted mobility and being unable to return to his pre-accident work
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL)
- Recently acted for a young man paralysed from the neck following a fall on stairs
- Acted for the family of a Chinese gentleman fatally injured whilst on holiday in England involving difficult issues to establish loss of dependency on income and support in China
- Recovery of a six figure sum for a fisherman who suffered devastating injuries when electricity from power lines discharged through his body
- Acted for 2 young men injured in a fairground accident in Leicester when the car of the ride became detached whilst in motion throwing them from their seats
- Catastrophic Brain Injury Cases for Children and Adults
- Spinal Injury claims for children and adults
- Other cases Involving High Value Injuries of the Utmost Severity
- Fatal Accident Claims – Including Inquests
- Cases Involving Complex Special Damages, Future Loss and Loss of Dependency Calculations
- Accidents in Foreign Jurisdictions e.g. whilst on holiday
- Amputation Claims