Partner - Crime
Joined Bray & Bray: 1991
Tel: 0116 2548871
Email Mike Garvey
Mike is an experienced and knowledgeable Criminal Advocate and Duty Solicitor who represents clients at Police Stations, Magistrates Courts, and Crown Courts. He is highly regarded for his professional attitude at all times. He defends clients vigorously, whilst being approachable and plain-speaking in his dealings with individuals. As such he is often instructed in difficult cases representing young and vulnerable clients. Mike is equally at home with complicated legal points as with cases depending entirely on factual circumstances.
Having worked closely with the Legal Aid Agency for many years, Mike supervises all other members of staff in the department in running and maintaining files to the required standards.
- Higher Rights Advocate- (qualified to represent Defendants at the Crown Court).
- Duty Solicitor
- Police Station Advice and attendance
- All Magistrates’ and Youth Court Representation but also to include:
- Road Traffic Offences (including hardship and special reasons arguments), from speeding, excess alcohol and careless driving to dangerous driving.
- Drugs and Proceeds of Crime
- Fraud, Trading Standards and DWP -from interviews under caution through to representation at Court.
- Money Laundering
- Regulatory Law (Breach of fire regulations, health and safety and environmental health) for both the individual and company clients.
- Liquor Licensing
- Breach of Court Orders